José Matos wrote:
On Monday 14 January 2008 17:18:05 rgheck wrote:
I've been using Fedora ever since I started using Linux, but the
second-rate status of KDE under Fedora is starting to get to me, so I'm
thinking about switching. But then: to what? I don't think Kubuntu is
for me. Gentoo would be an option, but then I'm not sure I want to be
quite that bleeding-edge. So, the question: What?

  What problems are you having? Rex Dieter, the fedora maintainer of lyx and of
kde-redhat fame is very responsive and most of the perceived differences are
gone.

  Actually I prefer the Fedora model for KDE for some reasons that I will not
go into detail here... :-)

I've talked to Rex about much of this, and pay attention to the kde-redhat list. Lately, it has to do with kio_audiocd grabbing exclusive locks and messing up my attempts to use shell-scripts to copy (my own!) CDs. This seems to be due to a Fedora patch to cdrdao, if I remember right, one that causes problems for kio_audiocd. The patch was presumably created by someone who wasn't paying attention to KDE.

And I'm having other problems, too, that have nothing to do with KDE, so that's leading me to think I should look around.

Richard