M-L wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, rgheck shared this with us all:
--}
--} I've been using Fedora ever since I started using Linux, but the
--} second-rate status of KDE under Fedora is starting to get to me, so I'm
--} thinking about switching. But then: to what? I don't think Kubuntu is
--} for me. Gentoo would be an option, but then I'm not sure I want to be
--} quite that bleeding-edge. So, the question: What?
--}
--} Richard
--}
--}

Debian Etch.

[snip]
Thanks for the suggestion. I've thought about Debian, and it has a great reputation for stability. That said, while I don't want to be absolutely bleeding edge, I do like to be near it, and Debian at least has a reputation for being, well, stable. Just looking at the packages, it looks like Lyx 1.4.3 is the most recent in etch. It looks as if lenny has 1.5.2, but even that's out of date, and, as you say, that's not yet ready. So, well, I'm still looking.

Richard