On Mon, 24 Mar 2008, AK wrote:

 Just for the record, when I said I didn't like pure white as a
 background, I was talking about the main window of the LyX
 application...

Doh, I completely missed the point where we branched off to talk about the LyX app as well as the site.. But, it seems to me that if you don't like white background in the app, you would not like it on the website, either? Or the difference is that you never end up spending a long time on the website while you might work in the app for hours? -andrei

When it comes to the web site, I honestly don't know... My suggestion is that you come up with some clean design and then ask what people think!

/Christian

PS. www.lyx.org today has two modes, one fance and one more plain. Going with the wiki engine as framework, it's quite easy to let people use different backgrounds for the wiki. All we have to do is enable different skins, and a user can append '?setskin=coolskin' to a URI and they'll use that skin instead.