Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 04:25:35PM +0100, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Joost Verburg wrote:
I think the default setting should be black-on-white because everyone is
used to these colors.
FWIW, I prefer the current color as much as I prefer creamy-coloured to bright-white paper. The white background of usual text processors hurts my eyes.

I am in the same camp...   xterm*background: LightYellow2  solved much
of my pain (#eeeed1).
Not that I proposing LightYellow2 for the LyX page background, but I am
in favour of the general idea of using something slightly below "full
white"....
Absolutely, and for the same reasons. I have as many of my windows as possible something below full white. In LyX, it's 20, 6, 243 (HSV). That said, if you just knock the saturation on the current color down to 10, it's pretty nice.

rh