Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Looks very nice. I have a few minor suggestions, mostly pertaining to the home page:

1. I would include the word "license" in the link to the license. Currently only "Free Software / Open Source" is highlighted, so it's slightly unclear whether this is a link to the actual license or just to a definition of FOSS.

2. I suggest a direct link to the visual tour, or at least the screenshots, in the left margin. When I'm shopping for software, that's usually one of the first things I seek out, and I'll sometimes not bother poking around a site if I can't see screenshots early on.

3. Should we provide output samples (DVI, PDF) somewhere (under About LyX or Visual Tour)? Non-LaTeX-users might not know what they're getting.

4. I suggest that "several languages" at the bottom of the home page link to either the somewhat maligned translation page or just a list of currently supported languages.

Overall, I think it's a great job.

/Paul

Paul,

I think those are great suggestions. What do you suggest for the "visual tour" aspect? Just to sum up, currently there is a link on the sidebar that says "Visual Tour." When the user clicks there, he/she gets links to the three different "Visual Tour"-type things that have been created: Screencasts, Screenshots, and Walkthrough. I included one screenshot below those links for the instant gratification of visitors. I was thinking of just choosing one visual introduction (i.e. the most impressive one) to link to from the sidebar, but then people might not ever see the other stuff. What do you think?

By the way, if anyone has or can make a series of screenshots using a recent version of LyX, that would be really cool.

Rex