Rex C. Eastbourne wrote:

By the way, when you guys click on a .lyx file in your browser, do you get a download prompt or does your browser display the LyX source? New users might be confused if they see the LyX source and don't know what to do with it.

I get the source displayed as text in the browser window. Of course, right-clicking the link will let me download it, but I agree that it might confuse a newcomer. That's a function of the server treating .lyx files as MIME type text/plain. If we want a left-click on a link to a .lyx file to trigger a download dialog, the supreme kahuna of the server needs to change the MIME type to something funky, like application/x-lyx maybe.

/Paul