rgheck wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Steve Litt wrote:
Hi all,

For years, Microsoft Word has had something that would be cool in LyX --- search for environment (or charstyle). I just found myself wondering if I had redundant copies of a story in my book, and so wanted to search for all text in Story environment, but there's no way to do it as far as I can tell.

It is very easy to extend the Navigator/Outliner to list the different character styles available in the document. I was actually thinking about implementing this before I became a very busy man :-) Just put an enhancement entry in bugzilla/trac when it's open again and hopefully someone (you?) will implement it for next release.

I found myself wanting something like this the other day. Can you give me a quick outline of how to do it, Abdel? What I'm not sure about is where the method would go. Where is the one for sections?

Charstyle are insets so that's easy, just copy and paste what is done for other insets (updateLabels() and addToToc()). Concerning environment, you have to read TocBackend.cpp and InsetText::addToToc().

Abdel.