On 22/03/2010 15:52, Richard Brown wrote:
  External Files>  PDF and select my pdf. I add the pages
options for all of the pages (there are 2). Lyx burbles a little, and then
spits the error message at me:
  error converting to loadable format. The file was prepared by a friend on
Windows from a  Sibelius music notation file.

If I examine the pdf file properties  I see the following:
Format PDF-1.4
Producer GPL Ghostscript 8.70
Creator PDFCreator Version 0.9.9

What might be going wrong?

I'm using Komascript Book under lyx 1.6.4 on ubuntu 9.04.
Try putting the pdf file in the temp. folder of your lyx file. Long time ago I found from the mailing list that lyx doesn't copy the pdf file into the temp. directory automatically therefore you get an error. I don't know if there was some other fix to this but I just copy the pdf file that I want to attach manually in the temp. folder and this works.

Regards,

Kamran