On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 00:45:45 -0400 "Steve Litt
 sl...@troubleshooters.com" suggested this:

>On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 09:37:17 +1000, Charlie said:
>>  On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 19:25:47 -0400 "Steve Litt
>>  sl...@troubleshooters.com" suggested this:
>>
>> >What's the correct way to write a poem in LyX?
>>
>> I probably don't do it the correct way. But it might help even though
>> it's a kludgy way of doing it.
>>
>> After each line in the verse, I hold down the Ctrl key to keep the
>> next line within reasonable distance of the one above.
>>
>> Between each verse I "don't" hold down the Ctrl key to get the space.
>>
>> There is probably a better and "proper" way to do it, so I will be
>> interested in the replies you receive.
>>
>> But for now it might suffice?
>
>Yes. Thanks. That will be my Plan B if I don't find anything else to
>do.
>
>SteveT

I hope you get a reply showing how to use the verse element in LyX
better, because I would like to know.

It has been oft touted that the way LyX does any document formatting is
the best possible way to do it. As suggested by those who know their
stuff. Hence the classes in the particular formats that are standard.
Yet the verse environment appears to be very ordinary.

But it could just be just me who thinks this mainly because I don't know
how to use it correctly?

Be well,
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the
sound of trumpets. --Voltaire