From: Rich Shepard [rshep...@appl-ecosys.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:51 PM

>   The issue is a minor one, but has not appeared (literally) before now. I
> find no space between a table caption and the table beneath it. This lack of
> space is seen both in the LyX window and the pdflatex-compiled document. My
> remedy is to add \vspace{10pt} on a line between the caption and the table
> body. This works for me.

What version did you not see this in before? I don't know if this is a bug or
not.
When you look at the LaTeX code is there something that is obviously wrong?

>   The bug shows up when I check spelling and causes the application to
> segfault and crash. If someone provides me with a pointer how to save the
> source of the problem I'll be happy to pass it on to the developers. I don't
> suppose it can be seen in the .emergency file that I reload when this
> occurs.

If you would like to compile by source, then you could send a backtrace. The
first
step, actually, would be to see if the problem was already fixed by compiling
the
development version(s) and seeing if you can reproduce the bug. Or, you can send
a minimal .lyx file with exact instructions on how to reproduce the crash.

Scott