From: Rich Shepard [rshep...@appl-ecosys.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:17 PM

> On Thu, 30 Aug 2012, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

>> What version did you not see this in before? I don't know if this is a bug
>> or not. When you look at the LaTeX code is there something that is
>> obviously wrong?

>   All prior versions. I've not looked at the .tex file.

OK. Well one way to nail the source of the problem down is to do a
git bisect. This would lead to the exact commit that changed this behavior.
The problems might already be fixed in the development versions so it
would be good to check those first.

>   Difficult to send a minimal file with exact instructions when the problem
> occurs only when I'm checking spelling. Not all the time, either, but that's
> the only time LyX crashes.

Ah, I thought there would be some formula like "1. open this .lyx file.
2. check spelling. 3. accept the first 5 suggestions and then LyX will crash".
I guess not.

Scott