Liviu

> That's odd. The first question that pops to mind: Do you use the
> Document > Compressed option? Maybe this corrupts things.

What is also odd is that  I can open the file with no problem using a text
editor on the Mac, indeed the file preview in the Mac file Manager
(Pathfinder) reads it without any problems. BUT I have just tried on Ubuntu
(open with text editor) , and it won't open.

I certainly haven't selected the compressed option, but this particular
file is 7 months old, and I can't remember whether it originated on the Mac
or Ubuntu or even the version of Lyx. I will check the compressed option in
future.

However, it seems there is no obvious answer, so I will just be more
cautious in future.

Thanks,

Graham