On 04/03/2013 12:20 PM, Alex Vergara Gil wrote:
Hello developers!
I have a feature request if this is not already requested to you: Ribbon Menus.

If someone wanted to code these as an option, I'd have no objection, except for the fact that
Microsoft appears to have patented this:
http://www.google.com/patents/US8117542
in the US. (Patent law here is ridiculous, no doubt.) But I think I'd have to count myself on the side of peoplewho think that's terrible UI design, anyway:
http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/44734
http://betanews.com/2011/05/20/now-you-can-send-the-office-ribbon-to-join-clippy/
So I'd certainly not want to see it as the default.

The actual look of lyx makes duplicate functions in text menus and icon menus, besides there is a lot of space wasted by allocating the icon menus.

I almost never use toolbars, so I tend just to hide those.

rh