On May 1, 2013, at 5:21 AM, ehud.kaplan wrote:

> I had tried to convert from a Lyx document (a Ph.D. thesis, ~140 pages) to
> LibreOffice (File/Export/HTML).  Much of it worked, but there were many
> problems:
>       • Equation numbers moved from right to left
>       • Figures were totally distorted (size scaled up),
>       • Some equations and algorithms were mangled
>       • Several sections appeared centered instead of being left justified as
> they were originally.
> Using File/Export/LYXHTML produced similar results, although the equation
> numbers were not mangled.
> In short, such conversions do a lot, but they also leave a lot for manual
> fixing.  I suspect that if such a path were available, many more people would
> use Lyx.

I agree, as do many others.

A while back I spent a lot of time evaluating the various  ways to convert LyX
to .odt or .docx and found that none of them work well. (Apologies to those who
are reading this who have actually worked on the problem and made substantial
progress.) Some work with certain restricted sets of features but add an
equation or something else and they break.

One would hope with all the talk on the developers' list recently with the
Google Summer of Code that this would be at the top of the list of things to do.

Jerry