________________________________
 From: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org>
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 11:40:52 AM
Subject: Re: The tyranny of the APA Manual (more or less on topic)

Le 24/08/2013 16:13, John Kane a écrit :
> I found a discussion of exactly that issue on a Zotero forum and came
> across a reference to the American Psychology Association blog that, as
> far as I can see, is almost exclusively devoted to advice on how to deal
> with the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.

This is very amusing indeed. Do they describe this particular obsession in
their catalog of mental illnesses? At least they dropped the 'underscore
instead of emphasize' madness some time ago.

JMarc

They don't have acatalog of mental illnesses. That's the American Psychiatric
Association you're thinking of.

I was amused to note that the APA Manual is ready for any eventuality. They
even have an approved style for referencing retracted articles. Not that
psychology would ever need such a thing.