On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:

>> Yes. In fact, I want to be able to choose which errors are skipped.
>> Or, even better, I want a comprehensive list of errors and a pdf-file.
>

> http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8739
>
> Jürgen

I agree with Jürgen. I personally don't think there should even be an
option available. The only thing that makes me hesitant is Julien's
example that there is a bug in some software. What do other software
do? gcc/clang do not still produce binaries. knitr I think by default
does not stop on errors (although this might have changed). LaTeX I
guess does still produce a pdf if you keep "return"ing through the
errors (or you put \nonstopmode).

As far as a comprehensive list of errors, I agree that this would in
theory be nice, but I believe that only the first error is accurate.

Best,

Scott