On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Liviu Andronic <landronim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One idea would be to use a commandline utility that allows copying
> image files to the clipboard, and create a new converter from
> PDF(cropped) towards this utility. But so far I couldn't find anything
> for Linux, let alone cross-platform. Otherwise, I'm wondering if we
> have an LFUN that would provide this functionality. But I'm not sure
> how exactly that could work.

Good idea Liviu. I recommend CopyQ if you want to implement this. It
works great on Linux, supposedly works on Windows, and support is
experimental on OS X 10.9+. The author of CopyQ is extremely
responsive to features and bug reports (he implemented a feature that
I'm pretty sure only I use, just for me). This is one of the best
clipboard managers out there (although note the focus is on features
over lightweight) but it is not well known.

To put an image on the clipboard, you can do e.g.
copyq write image/svg - < image.svg

For more info, see
https://github.com/hluk/CopyQ

To install, I believe it's a simple
cmake .
make
sudo make install

First you must have dependencies. See the INSTALL file for explicit
instructions for which packages you need for Ubuntu. Let me know if
you want help with anything.

Best,

Scott