Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:11:47 -0500
   From: "kevin thurston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: compassion

regarding sickness:

tamara, you are one side of the coin, the other is
much
more...something.this something is, people do not want
to be reminded of the(ir) frailty.
seeing the sick constantly can certainly do that to a
person. which isn't of
itself a bad or good thing, but it must be
acknowledged that not everyone wants to be (reminded).

On 3/29/06, Tamara Wyndham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I must say I was surprised to read that.
>
> I have cared for sick people. While I am normally
> squeamish to see certain illnesses in movies or to
> read about the gory details in a book, in the
presence
> of a human being who is suffering I feel compassion.
> do the best I can.
> The same when my friends have gone through break-ups
> in their relationships, I am patient and caring.
Never occured to me that someone would react
differently.

> However, sometimes people in pain can be
disagreeable.
> If I didn't know the person very well, and I didn't
> know what was going on with them -- that is, I
didn't
> kow that they were ill or that they were going
through a break-up, I would probably be annoyed.

> - T

Tamara Wyndham

http://www.tamarawyndham.com

“We have convictions only if we have studied nothing thoroughly.”
-- E.M. Cioran, The Trouble With Being Born

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mailinglist from Sztuka Fabryka
http://www.sztuka-fabryka.be/
Yahoo! Groups Links