I did not vote for Bush.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All this is
going on has me scared to
death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please don't hate all Americans. Thank you  LaVona

--- "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/articles/060417fa_fact

> [...]
> senior intelligence
> official said. " 'Decisive' is the key word of the
> Air Force's planning.
> It's a tough decision. But we made it in Japan."
>
> He went on, "Nuclear planners go through extensive
> training and learn
> the technical details of damage and fallout-we're
> talking about mushroom
> clouds, radiation, mass casualties, and
> contamination over years. This
> is not an underground nuclear test, where all you
> see is the earth
> raised a little bit. These politicians don't have a
> clue, and whenever
> anybody tries to get it out"-remove the nuclear
> option-"they're shouted
> down."
>
> The attention given to the nuclear option has
> created serious misgivings
> inside the offices of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, he
> added, and some
> officers have talked about resigning. Late this
> winter, the Joint Chiefs
> of Staff sought to remove the nuclear option from
> the evolving war plans
> for Iran-without success, the former intelligence
> official said. "The
> White House said, 'Why are you challenging this? The
> option came from
> you.' "
>
> The Pentagon adviser on the war on terror confirmed
> that some in the
> Administration were looking seriously at this
> option, which he linked to
> a resurgence of interest in tactical nuclear weapons
> among Pentagon
> civilians and in policy circles. He called it "a
> juggernaut that has to
> be stopped." He also confirmed that some senior
> officers and officials
> were considering resigning over the issue. "There
> are very strong
> sentiments within the military against brandishing
> nuclear weapons
> against other countries," the adviser told me. "This
> goes to high
> levels." The matter may soon reach a decisive point,
> he said, because
> the Joint Chiefs had agreed to give President Bush a
> formal
> recommendation stating that they are strongly
> opposed to considering the
> nuclear option for Iran. "The internal debate on
> this has hardened in
> recent weeks," the adviser said. "And, if senior
> Pentagon officers
> express their opposition to the use of offensive
> nuclear weapons, then
> it will never happen."
>
> The adviser added, however, that the idea of using
> tactical nuclear
> weapons in such situations has gained support from
> the Defense Science
> Board, an advisory panel whose members are selected
> by Secretary of
> Defense Donald Rumsfeld. "They're telling the
> Pentagon that we can build
> the B61 with more blast and less radiation," he

=== message truncated ===

http://www.picturetrail.com/lavonasherarts

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mailinglist from Sztuka Fabryka