My friend found this when she Googled it-

http://www.drainmag.com/ContentPLAY/Essay/Patrick.html

"Laurette's manner of working equally recalls artist-critic Manny Farber's
characterization
of termite vs. white elephant art. In Farber's case, he was addressing the
cinema and
painting around 1962, but perhaps in Laurette's case he is the resourceful
postmodern
termite artist against the bloat and bombast of, say, America's own pride and
joy Matthew
Barney. To quote Farber, "the most inclusive description of the art is that,
termite-like, it
feels its way through walls of particularization, with no sign that the artist
has any object
in mind other than eating away the immediate boundaries of his art, and turning
these
boundaries into conditions of the next achievement."[12]Farber's termite art is
contrasted
against art "as an expensive hunk of well-regulated area."[13] Such an instance
of termite
art in Laurette's case is the Scattered Library piece of the late 1990s, in
which the artist
proposed to lend a selection of his own books—ninety of them to be exact—to the
St.
Bruno library in Grenoble, ending up during that period as almost 3/4 of one
percent of
the library's holdings."