Hi,

I tend to use LaTeX as well. I'm obtaining a Computer Science Degree, of which
UML (Unified Modeling Language) plays a massive role throughout all six
semesters. Also, I was kind of forced into LaTeX, but it's actually really
useful when you learn how. It also works for a lot of situations, such as UML
since you have plenty of tools which plug into applications such as TeXShop,
the LaTeX distribution for OS X.

I haven't yet managed to use the edition, and wonder how useful it is going to
be during teamwork, though I suspect it won't be as useful as it seems right
now. I have a lot of doubts as to the style of the plugin. LaTeX is incredibly
powerful, though, plugins aside. Even with the UML plugin, you can still draw
diagrams. You just can't view those made by others, which is practically
essential.

Regards,
Nicolai
On Dec 18, 2011, at 5:20 PM, Dónal Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Thanks very much indeed Benjamin, I tried one or two of these frameworks
> under SL years ago but with no joy.  I'll certainly look at this one thanks
> for passing it on.
> On 18 Dec 2011, at 16:06, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Dónal Fitzpatrick
>> <dfitz...@computing.dcu.ie> wrote:
>>> My preferred way to prepare presentations (and in fact most documents) is
>>> LaTex; and I know that James Austen also uses this with considerable
>>> success.  Basically for those not familiar with it, you use a markup like
>>> HTML (relax people it's not the same just similar in idea) to prepare your