Good morning, or evening everyone, depending on where you're located.

In the past, there has been a lot of discussion both on and off list about the accessibility and use of ProTools from an accessibility standpoint with Voiceover. I've been asked to appear on certain podcasts and then due to things that were completely out of my control, I was unable to participate in those submitions. This is going to be going out to a lot of places. I'm hoping to put this link out on my Twitter, as well as my Facebook,

@gilland_chris

http://www.facebook.com/christopher.gilland

As well as my own personal podcast:

http://www.clgpodcast.net

This furthermore is in the process of being approved for an Applevis submition.

I plan to make this series as in depth as I possibly can make it, and as thorough as I can possibly make it as well. We'll be talking about the use of ProTools, how to interact with the application using Voiceover, certain work arounds to things that might not be the most accessibly intuitive, as well as we'll also be learning about some crucially important sound production techniques/skills that you must be able to master in order to have the most optymal benefit from ProTools. This is really big guys, as I know a lot of you all have wanted me to do this for quite some time, and now, I'm finally getting the time to do so. Here's what I am going to say as far as other podcast interviews. Let's wait, and let me get this whole series finished and out to you guys, and then once I've finished up the series, if at that point, you want to interview me, we'll talk. I'm doing it this way, so that you'll up front have a working idea of my knowledge, as well as my style in how I present things.

So all this being said, here is the link to Part 1. This recording runs just over half an hour. I can't promise you that all the recordings are going to be this short, but this one will be. Let's get some feedback. If you all want me to continue the series after hearing this, I'd be more than happy to! I will admit that Kevin Reeves who is in the blind community has done an absolutely fantastic! couple of mp3 files which are quite in depth, however some people have said that they didn't really like his style. I don't really know why that is, as I personally thought it was brilliant! but, whatever. Each is to their own. The other thing is, he only did maybe about 3 files all total. What I! plan to do, is make this into a continuing series, and really get very serious about really showing you all the true power of this software. I'm not only gonna cover the basics, but hopefully, over time, as the recordings progress, and we build off what you already know, we can actually begin to dive into more advanced parts of the program.

You all are gonna be a huge factor in what things I show you in these files. A lot of it will be crutial that I show you, but if there is anything specific that you want for me to show, please let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

OK.  So, here we go!  Here's the link for part 1.

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/wfvhz7

You guys let me know what you think, and we'll go from there.

Chris.