On Feb 15, 2014, at 10:02 AM, Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 15/02/2014 14:27, Michael Hall wrote:
>> :
>> Sorry Scott, put you in Led Zeppelin there for a bit. Except for Scott's
>> 1.7.0_51, his and Alan's look to be later versions, so we might assume more
>> recent builds have this fixed?
>>
> I took a quick poke around and I now see that the reason AppleScript is
> located on my system is because ServiceLoader is locating the service
> configuration file in /System/Library/Java/Extensions/AppleScriptEngine.jar.
> Although the AppleScript script engine is included in rt.jar, there isn't in
> fact a service configuration file for it resources.jar (resources.jar because
> that is where resources go in the JDK at this time). So I would suggest
> submitting a bug on this.

jar -uf resources.jar META-INF/services/javax.script.ScriptEngineFactory

jrunscript -q
Language AppleScript 2.2.4 implemention "AppleScriptEngine" 1.1
Language ECMAScript 1.8 implemention "Mozilla Rhino" 1.7 release 3 PRERELEASE

Thanks,

Michael Hall

trz nio.2 for OS X http://www195.pair.com/mik3hall/index.html#trz

HalfPipe Java 6/7 shell app http://www195.pair.com/mik3hall/index.html#halfpipe

AppConverter convert Apple jvm to openjdk apps
http://www195.pair.com/mik3hall/index.html#appconverter