Hi Robert,

Which of the
two mailing lists is the more appropriate one to post these things
(JFX problems which look like they might be platform-specific) to?

Please report JavaFX bugs at: https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/

AWT/Swing/JDK bugs can be reported at: http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/ (or http://bugs.sun.com/ )

best regards,
Anthony

On 6/1/2014 12:18 PM, Robert Krüger wrote:
Hi,

I'm in the process of evaluating Java FX 8 for our currently
Swing-based product (also Java 8) on OSX.

My first attempt to style a stage's background resulted in an ugly
flashing effect which I would classify as a show-stopper for
delivering a commercial product. This looks like it is caused by the
stage being drawn at least once before the style has been applied, and
I am wondering what the mistake is since my code is more or less a
straight-forward hello world:

package jfxtest;

import javafx.application.Application;
import javafx.scene.Scene;
import javafx.scene.control.Button;
import javafx.scene.layout.StackPane;
import javafx.stage.Stage;

public class JXTest extends Application {

     @Override
     public void start(Stage primaryStage) throws Exception {
         final StackPane pane = new StackPane();
         final Button closeButton = new Button("Close");
         closeButton.setOnAction(event -> primaryStage.close());
         pane.getChildren().add(closeButton);
         final Scene scene = new Scene(pane, 800, 600);
         scene.getStylesheets().add("dark.css");
         scene.getStylesheets();
         primaryStage.setScene(scene);
         primaryStage.setTitle(getClass().getSimpleName());
         primaryStage.show();
     }

         launch(args);
     }
}

with dark.css being:

.root {
           -fx-background: rgb(54, 54, 54);
}

Is this a Mac-specific problem? Is there a workaround? Which of the
two mailing lists is the more appropriate one to post these things
(JFX problems which look like they might be platform-specific) to?

Thanks,

Robert