Hi Anthony

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Anthony Petrov
<anthony.pet...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>

>> Which of the
>> two mailing lists is the more appropriate one to post these things
>> (JFX problems which look like they might be platform-specific) to?
>

> FYI: the JDK Mac OS X Port Project has been completed long time ago, so
> currently the macosx-port-dev@ mailing list isn't appropriate for almost
> anything.

Oh, that's a surprise. I thought it was more or less the successor of
apple-java-dev, i.e. where one discusses issues/problems/questions
specific to the Mac port of the JDK/JRE and Java development on the
Mac in general.

> Please report JavaFX bugs at: https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/

Submitted as RT-37372

> AWT/Swing/JDK bugs can be reported at: http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/
> (or http://bugs.sun.com/ )
>
> If you wish to participate in the development of the technologies (e.g. you
> want to contribute a patch for JavaFX or JDK platform), then you're welcome
> to post your suggestions on the appropriate development mailing lists
> (openjfx-dev@, awt-dev@, swing-dev@, etc.)

I've been subscribed to the two lists for a while now and my
impression is, it is also a place where people running into problems
with the platform's limitations exchange their experience which has
been very valuable especially when dealing with a rather new platform
but I guess I need to move to the OTN community for this.

Thanks and best regards,

Robert