On 11/10/14 9:45 AM, David DeHaven wrote:
We still use it for the occasional generic "Java 7/8/9 on Mac" question that
comes up from time to time. It is far preferable that the question be posted to the more
specific lists, but sometimes it isn't clear where that belongs. There's enough of us
monitoring the list that we can provide guidance on where to go but not enough that it
should be used for all Mac specific question

And, some Apple folks might be still peeking at this list in their free time and chime in with useful information. But they are very unlikely to be reading the swing list. Just don't take that as meaning all mac questions go here first. After all we don't
have a "windows port list" or an "ubuntu port list" ...

-phil.