Hi all,

I tried to build a very simple launcher (simple c program) for a customer
to show how to build a java launcher; launcher loads libjvm.dylib using
dlopen() and resolves JNI_CreateJavaVM via dlsym().

On MacOS, when running, in JNI_CreateJavaVM I get the same error as
mentioned in JDK-7131356
<https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-7131356> ("No
Java runtime present, requesting install").

I was able to work around the issue by locally providing implementations
for "JLI_MemAlloc" (and, for balance, realloc and free too) and exporting
them, even though the functions make no sense in the launcher. This symbol
seems to be a trigger for Apples JavaRuntimeServices framework to stop
complaining about missing java runtime. I am not even sure this function is
even called by the Apple framework.

So my questions are:
- does anyone know a better workaround?
- can we hope for a fix?