> >> You should be using .dylib for JNI libs these days.

I actually haven't seen the reply that included that last line, but...

More accurately, I should be using the appropriate dynamic library
extension for my platform.  Which is one of the reasons I'm using
libtool in the first place; it knows what those are.  I just wrote
".jnilib" because I thought the question would be clearer to the
audience.

However, my question remains unanswered by this no doubt
well-intentioned advice -- how do I identity the locations of the
appropriate include files?  Any help on that?

Bill