>>> You should be using .dylib for JNI libs these days.
>>
>> Please excuse my ignorance, but
>>
>> Why?
>> And what's the difference?
>
> If I remember right at one point during the port, jnilib was broken at least
> for some functionality. I bug reported and the ‘legacy’ behavior was
> restored.
> It is a little strange. Java tends to deprecate a lot but doesn't actually
> break backward compatibility very often.

That attitude is changing somewhat. A number of things that were deprecated in
earlier releases have already been removed from 9. Probably the biggest I can
think of is the extension/optional package mechanism. It will be interesting to
see how many apps break when 9 gets more widespread adoption. Hopefully sooner
rather than later…

-Dr “knee deep in jigsaw” D-