On 27/02/2015 01:13, Michael Hall wrote:
Still a little curious on this. There had been past speculation that one
benefit of this project would be smaller OS X application bundles with embedded
JRE’s.
I see that the current JDK 9 early access is now in fact a jigsaw (JSR 220?)
one.
I downloaded it. I joined the jigsaw-dev mailing list where I suppose I could
ask this.
Correct, the macosx-port-dev list is the wrong list to start.

  But I’d rather start with a noob question here I guess.
Documentation, examples, tutorials still look a little scarce. I did find…
http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jigsaw/doc/quickstart.html
But that talks about commands like jmod and jpkg.
I don’t seem to find those anywhere?
This is a quick start documentation from the original Jigsaw prototype of a few years ago, I guess it's a reminder that some of these obsolete pages needs to be updated to make it clear that they are obsolete. So start again at the top-level page and follow the links from here.

-Alan