On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 17:03, James Reynolds wrote:
> Grumble.  That is exactly what I wanted to know!  Thanks!
>
> Does CPAN install C libraries to /usr/local/lib or somewhere else?
>
> I could search for all new files right after a CPAN install.
>
> James

This gets hairy. Due OSX's unique directory layout, it's hard to know
where things are. The /sw directory tree is a stab at trying to sort
this out. I also use the Darwin ports, yet another directory tree. Then
some things, like MySQL, are put in the usual places. You can also have
different versions in different trees. I've really found no way around
having the developement system on the server.