Are any of you using perl plugins with apple's mail browser?

What I'm thinking of is something along the lines of supplementing the overly-simple rules in apple mail with some perl re. Things like funneling all the broken header junk off the top and into one folder, catching the real sharpos that like to put my mail address in the return address of the junk mail and putting that in a separate folder, that kind of stuff.

I'm sure it could be done with the scripting api, but I'm always all thumbs with applescript.

I've been looking around the web, and there are tantalizing clues, but not enough for a lame-brain like myself to grab hold of.

If anyone is doing something like this, can you hit me with a cluestick?

Joel Rees
(waiting for a 3+GHz ARM processor to come out,
to test Steve's willingness to switch again.)