On Mar 10, 2008, at 7:24 AM, Joel Rees <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Are any of you using perl plugins with apple's mail browser?

What, you mean aside from SpamAssassin & procmail?

I've always felt it was easiest to just filter everything on the mail server, and not bother with whatever filtering abilities the mail client I'm using this month may or may not offer.

But then, I suppose this isn't a viable approach if you can't run software on the server.

If you can get off the ground at all in filtering with AppleScript, its fairly easy to just write '...do shell script...' and switch to Bash / Perl / etc from there. That may be a good approach here.

That or fetchmail piping into local SpamAssassin/procmail/etc filters, but oh look I'm getting silly again.

--
Chris Devers