Henri wrote:

> However, there are other factors we should look at:
>
> * Maemo Extras upload activity (how many builds, how far those builds
> went, what votes they got)

Disagree. The past performance of the build shouldn't have any affect on an
application's karma. However, see below on thoughts about -testing.

> * Download numbers of applications as a factor used next to ratings

Absolutely. However, like tmo posts this should probably be sqrt($downloads).

> * Ohloh kudos would give a wider "appreciation rating" in the free
> software world (http://www.ohloh.net/about/kudos)

I think Ohloh is of little value to the small projects we've had in Maemo to
date.

> * Maemo Extras testing activity (voting, comments)

Yup, although we're trying to encourage a "testsquad" who'll test everything so
I don't know how we'd square that circle.

One interesting thought: should a package *lose* karma if it gets a high number
of votes UP and then ISN'T promoted to Extras? Effectively penalising a package
for wasting testers' time?

> * Maybe we could also dig up commits on Garage

I thought developers already got karma for Garage activity (being on a project
AND commiting to projects).

Cheers,

Andrew

--