ext Andrew Flegg wrote:
> How about:
>
>    developer karma = average vote * k * application karma
>
> where k = some constant (5-10?). The average vote will be between 0
> and 5, and the application karma takes into account downloads, but
> diminishes over time. This means that an application which has updates
> which are downloaded will be awarded more than an application which
> has updates which aren't downloaded.

This is interesting. How are the values of application karma? Something
like -5 to +5, 0 to thousands...? I couldn't find the info at
http://wiki.maemo.org/Task:Karma_for_applications or
http://wiki.maemo.org/Karma

Note that application karma can go up and down. Is it ok that your
personal karma goes up and down accordingly? Or can it only go up, and
then the karma-down comes from another feature to implement: karma-age
(your karma diminishes as time passes and you don't get new karma).

> PS. Shouldn't maemo-developers be brought into the loop?

There was a chance for Valerio to start this discussion in
maemo-developers.  :)  After Talk and maemo-community I think we need to
finish this here. Feel free sending an email there directing to the
Brainstorm proposal and the discussion here, though.

--
Quim Gil
open source advocate