You are right the maemo-af-desktop handles the key.
I already written a patch where you can switch off the home button by sending a DBus Message to maemo-af-desktop.
But you have to create a new rootfs and flash it to your nokia.
If you need the patch send me a email. BTW the patch is for the current InternetTablet 2005 Version of maemo.

Hi maemo hackers.

I want to handle HOME button event and CONSUME it.

I tried hacking HildonAppView to not register a gtk key event snooper to handle the HOME key (which seems to be an alias for GDK_F5)

This didnt work. The app no longer handles the HOME key event but some other process does.

It seems the maemo_af_desktop process is catching this event somewhere else and doing its thing.

So my question is where is the code in maemo_af_desktop that catches the GDK_F5 and turns into some kind of message so that I can comment it out ?

thanks.

-re