On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 06:13:48PM +0200, ext Frantisek Dufka wrote:
> Daniel Stone wrote:
> >It's completely safe to upgrade from a deb if it's not broken.  If you
> >set up a standard Maemo build environment and run apt-get source
> >xorg-server and apt-get build-dep xorg-server, it should work just fine,
> >in theory.
>
> In reality in 2.2 arm target there are unmet dependencies for flex and
> quilt. Flex is available in scratchbox, quilt not. I have downloaded
> quilt sources from http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/quilt
> It needs other stuff when building. With -d the build breaks on missing
> hevea. Luckily make install in quilt build directory installs quilt
> executable. Then x-server builds fine and produce debs. What is strange
> that /usr/bin/Xomap on device with latest IT2006 firmware has ~600kb but
> my executable in debian/xserver-xomap/usr/bin/Xomap has 1.2MB. When setting
> export DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=thumb
> before build the result has ~900kb.
> Tried strip just to be sure and size did not change. What other options
> are needed to reproduce device size?

hevea is only required for docs, so you can skip that bit.  (But still,
the repositories should be complete.  Sigh.)

Did the strip succeed?  file should tell you whether or not it's
stripped.  Aside from that, I can't think of anything else, as I build
in a Scratchbox target myself, and it seems to work okay.

Cheers,
Daniel