Frantisek Dufka wrote:

[sbox-SDK_ARMEL: ~/x/xorg-server-1.1.99.3] > patch -p1 <../xomap_yuv420patch.diff
patching file hw/kdrive/omap/Makefile.am
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 34.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file hw/kdrive/omap/Makefile.am.rej
patching file hw/kdrive/omap/omap_colorconv.h
patching file hw/kdrive/omap/omap_colorconv.S
patching file hw/kdrive/omap/omap_video.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 39.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 468.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 491.
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file hw/kdrive/omap/omap_video.c.rej

Sorry, my fault, mystery solved. Saved attachement in Thunderbird in Windows XP, then moved to Ubuntu inside VMware. The problem was caused by DOS CR+LF line endings, patch doesn't like it. Recoded to unix linefeeds and now it applies cleanly. I'm using Windows a lot, it is strange this never happened to me yet.