Hello,

This isn't exactly maemo specific question, but I think this is the best
forum anyway.

I'm trying to solder together an adapter that splits the N800's 4-pole
audio plug to two separate 3.5 mm females so that I can plug in separate
input and output devices, eg electric guitar input and amplifier output
(with maemo doing effects in between).

So I took apart the headset that comes with the device and got the
output part working fine, but I don't seem to get any signal to the
input. In fact the device even doesn't switch the internal microphone
off when I plug the modified system in.

I'm assuming that there's two grounds (golden wires, another without
coating), left output on a red wire, right output on green and input on
white. The guesses were right for output, but as I said, the input
doesn't get any signal at all.

Is it possible that something special is required in the input
connection? There at least seems to be some resistors in the headset's
circuit, but I assumed they are just for the push-button. Also does
anybody have a pinout for the jack?

- Jami