Hi,

Mohammed Hassan wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 14:15 +0300, Eero Tamminen wrote:
>> And if you want to check the translation for common errors,
>> something like this can be used:
>> https://gramps.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gramps/branches/gramps22/po/check_po
>>
>> (which of course doesn't work with our "unique ID" because the msgids
>> are lacking all the required details.)
>
> Interesting. What are the checks performed by this tool ? The code is
> not documented enough and running it against a normal PO produced
> meaningless results to me ?

Features:
- Like GCC, it checks that the order and type of the format parameters
   match (I don't think it understands "$" though)
- It can do same also for Python keywords (Gramps is PyGtk program)
- It also notices if:
   - msgid has unmatched quotes
   - translation includes the context part
   - there are unescaped XML special characters
     (which would mess up e.g. glade files)
   - translation includes shortcut key but msgid doesn't
   - the last punctuation characters differ
- It counts how many translations are done/fuzzy/missing.

In verbose mode it lists these strings along with the message number
so that you can locate them easier in something like KBabel or
gtranslate.

        - Eero