Let's please try to avoid stop energy in this thread.
http://www.userland.com/whatIsStopEnergy

On demand sounds great in theory, but let's think about it for a second:
How do you start on-demand a web app? (HTTPD daemon)
How do you play the next track when the current track finishes playing?
(Kagu daemon, or FastCGI Kagu daemon + HTTPD daemon)

Kagu is used very similar to a daemon. It runs as long as you're playing
music. And if that's all you use an n800 for then it's always running. It
might even be in the background if you're taking notes or browsing the web.
The difference is that it has a GUI right now. I'd like to make that portion
optional to save some memory/CPU when you aren't using it. I'd also like to
make startup time faster, and I'd like to make a web frontend for it.

No, I don't mean an always on daemon. I mean an on-demand daemon. A
background process that runs when you need it and doesn't when you don't.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Software Developer / Sys Admin