Hi,
I fixed the closeEvent issue and now it works fine.
The problem was inside Qt and it was due to an initialization of a
QVarLengthArray for some Atom values.
Now Qt sets the WM properties correctly and then also the WM_DELETE_WINDOW
one.
The closeEvents are now sent correctly.

Cheers,
Antonio.

2009/3/24 Kimmo Hämäläinen <kimmo.hamalai...@nokia.com>

> On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 14:44 +0100, ext David Greaves wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Crossposting as I think this is a maemo-dev question of interest to Qt
> devs :)
> >
> > I am having a problem with my Qt applications and the osso window
> manager.
> > Essentially the window manager is doing a sigkill which doesn't allow Qt
> to emit
> > a closeEvent().
>
> You mean D-Bus daemon is killing you 20-30s after you are D-Bus
> activated?
>
> Maybe looking at this example helps:
> https://garage.maemo.org/svn/maemoexamples/tags/maemo_4.1/maemopad/
>
> > A gtk app calls osso_initialize() which amongst other things registers a
> service
> > name to the DBus.freedestop.org service.
> >
> > I've been through osso-init.c and osso-rpc.c to try and figure it out
> but,
> > whilst I've made progress, I've not finished.
> >
> > So far I have:
> > * added an entry into the desktop file for
> X-Osso-Service=com.dgreaves.shopper
> > * created : /usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.dgreaves.shopper.service
> > * added a QDBusConnection::sessionBus().interface()->registerService
> (name, 1 );
> > and
> >       connect(iface,
> SIGNAL(serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)),
> >               this, SLOT(serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)));
> >
> > dbus-monitor is showing very similar messages for gtk and my Qt apps now.
> >
> > I've hooked serviceOwnerChanged and try to send out a ReleaseName to
> > org.freedesktop.DBus.
> >
> > However I'm still getting killed.
> >
> > Digging into libosso and libossowm/osso-rpc.c I find
> >
> > #define HILDON_DESKTOP_SERVICE "com.nokia.hildon-desktop"
> > #define HDWM_STARTUP_NOTIFICATION_IFACE
> "com.nokia.hildon.hdwm.startupnotification"
> > #define HDWM_OBJECT_PATH                "/com/nokia/hildon/hdwm"
> > #define HDWM_STARTUP_NOTIFICATION_STARTING  "starting"
>
> You don't need this. It's just for the "Loading..." banner in Diablo.
>
> > This failed as
> > Name:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod
> >
> > Message:Method "starting" with signature "" on interface
> > "com.nokia.hildon.hdwm.startupnotification" doesn't exist
> >
> > I installed qdbusmonitor and "com.nokia.hildon-desktop" doesn't provide
> > hdwm.startupnotification or starting
> >
> > Nor do I see it on the dbus-monitor --session when my gtk app runs.
> >
> > Any pointers?
> >
> > David

George Burns  - "Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed."