Haloo!

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 18:49 +0100, ext David Greaves wrote:
> Kimmo Hämäläinen wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 14:44 +0100, ext David Greaves wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Crossposting as I think this is a maemo-dev question of interest to Qt
> >> devs :)
> >>
> >> I am having a problem with my Qt applications and the osso window manager.
> >> Essentially the window manager is doing a sigkill which doesn't allow Qt
> >> to emit
> >> a closeEvent().
> >
> > You mean D-Bus daemon is killing you 20-30s after you are D-Bus
> > activated?
> No. I know about that one :)
>
> ah, and as I write this I see Antonio has solved it :)  \o/
> But we still have issues....
>
> > Maybe looking at this example helps:
> > https://garage.maemo.org/svn/maemoexamples/tags/maemo_4.1/maemopad/
> Yes, used that - happy with osso_initialize()
>
> I actually would like to know what osso_initialize() should do so we can do
> the
> right things in a Qt app though.
>
> And your name appears a lot in the source Kimmo :)

The code is not that hard to follow, just take a look. (Btw. most of the
code/API was not written by me.) Basically it just connects to D-Bus
busses and allows further use of libosso functions to abstract some D-
Bus messaging/signals.

> >> Digging into libosso and libossowm/osso-rpc.c I find
> >>
> >> #define HILDON_DESKTOP_SERVICE "com.nokia.hildon-desktop"
> >> #define HDWM_STARTUP_NOTIFICATION_IFACE
> >> "com.nokia.hildon.hdwm.startupnotification"
> >> #define HDWM_OBJECT_PATH                "/com/nokia/hildon/hdwm"
> >> #define HDWM_STARTUP_NOTIFICATION_STARTING  "starting"
> >
> > You don't need this. It's just for the "Loading..." banner in Diablo.
> OK - but do you have a list of things that we should do to make Qt equivalent
> gtk?

Gtk does not use Libosso :)

> I seem to recall things like dbus messages on low memory and others. Are these
> documented?

Check osso-hw.c. Code is still in SVN (login: guest/guest):
https://stage.maemo.org/svn/maemo/projects/haf/trunk/libosso/src/

> The banner would be nice - but the dbus services listed above don't seem to be
> correct - and I can't find them using a dbus introspect (qdbusviewer)
> ie this bit (from original email)

We don't have that in Fremantle. We have a new service for starting
applications in hildon-desktop. You can learn these API things from
http://www7.connecting.nokia.com/nmp/osso/ossodm.nsf/WebAllByID2/DSD07052-EN
(currently in Nokia intranet only)

> >> Message:Method "starting" with signature "" on interface
> >> "com.nokia.hildon.hdwm.startupnotification" doesn't exist
> >>
> >> I installed qdbusmonitor and "com.nokia.hildon-desktop" doesn't provide
> >> hdwm.startupnotification or starting
> >>
> >> Nor do I see it on the dbus-monitor --session when my gtk app runs.
>
> Are you in a postion to help us write the Qt equivalent of osso_initialize()
> and
> help make Qt == Gtk

As I said, Hildon widgets and Gtk do not use libosso at all (it would be
quite ugly since libosso depends on D-Bus connections).

BR; Kimmo