Hi,

I've uploaded python-poppler to chinook extras-devel (diablo one should
start building soon). Good news is that the packaging has been sorted and
running "apt-get install python-poppler" should give you no problems.

Testing consisted of installing and running "import poppler". :)

The bad news is:
"

Could not write method PopplerAnnotMarkup.get_date: No ArgType for GDate*

Could not write method PopplerPage.get_thumbnail: No ArgType for
cairo_surface_t*
Could not write method PopplerPage.get_image: No ArgType for cairo_surface_t*
Could not write method PopplerAttachment.save_to_callback: No ArgType
for PopplerAttachmentSaveFunc
Warning: generating old-style constructor for:poppler_font_info_new
Could not write function error_quark: No ArgType for GQuark
Could not write function poppler_page_free_link_mapping: No ArgType for GList*
Could not write function poppler_page_free_image_mapping: No ArgType for GList*
Could not write function poppler_page_free_form_field_mapping: No
ArgType for GList*
Could not write function poppler_page_free_annot_mapping: No ArgType for GList*
Warning: Constructor for PopplerFontInfo needs to be updated to new API
         See http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK_2fWhatsNew28#update-constructors
***INFO*** The coverage of global functions is 44.44% (4/9)
***INFO*** The coverage of methods is 95.70% (89/93)
***INFO*** There are no declared virtual proxies.
***INFO*** There are no declared virtual accessors.
***INFO*** There are no declared interface proxies.

"

But the packaging is all there so if you wish to fix it (I do not know
Python and my C is pretty basic and dodgy)...:)

Regards