Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> It would be nice if some kind of "emergency menu" be available where
> the user would either return to a previous good state (e.g. a file
> system image previously saved in a MMC) or at least allow to run some
> tasks to free space or defragment/fsck the JFFS2 partition (if that is
> possible).
>
> If that does already exist (even as a community tool), I'd like to
> know about it :)

https://wiki.maemo.org/Booting_from_a_flash_card#Install_bootmenu
http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#initfs

also search talk.maemo.org for 'bootmenu'

You can either boot into clean system copy (mmc or flash) or you can log
in over usb networking if you don't have full system to boot.

backing up whole rootfs as jffs2 image to mmc and restoring is possible
too via mtd-utils commands (search t.m.o for mkfs.jffs2)

Frantisek