On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 07:16:43PM +0200, kate.alh...@nokia.com wrote:

> > What people are asking here (among other things) is whether there
> > are Qt widgets similar to HildonAppMenu or HildonPickerButton
> > -which are absolutely essential for creating Fremantle
> > applications- or developers are supposed to write them themselves.
>
> To avoid re-inventing the wheel again we are providing examples how
> you can do things with Qt. [...] If some of these composite widgets
> are so big problem, we can collect these examples as widget library.

That's what I mean.

While it's obvious that you can write apps for fremantle in toolkits
other than Gtk/Hildon (e.g Canola), developers will have a hard time
to make them fit in with the Fremantle UI style unless they have
reasonable replacements for the most basic widgets.

So yes, a widget library with equivalents to HildonAppMenu,
HildonPickerButton, etc., would be the way to go in my opinion.

Berto