> > GeoClue offers a geocoding api, but as we use liblocation rather
than
> > GeoClue, and as I remember someone saying at the summit (in the
> > presentation on location stuff) that there would be an api to do
> > (reverse)geocoding, I was just wondering if this is indeed the case
and
> > when we might see such a thing? Named libaddress perhaps?
>
> Maybe this is what you want:
>
> http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/5.0-final/cityinfo/

Thanks for the pointer, but I think that api only has access to a
limited number of cities contained in the database used by the world
time app. This is on the device, which is an advantage, but I think I'll
have to use something like GeoClue or geonames.org to obtain enough
accuracy/range of cities.

Something is used to reverse genocide the liblocation supplied lat/lon
and to set the contact message location, so it may as well be available
for us to use rather than having to write our own for every app.

Cheers,

Simon