On Tuesday 19 January 2010 08:20:42 David Weinehall wrote:

> > > Ooops! No silence here! I guess that disproves point 10. :-)
> > > (http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/ <-- More non-silence.)
> >
> > Actually, when I cut and pasted that article snippit I was thinking about
> > his blog *specifically*. AFAICT he has the highest position in Nokia with
> > respect to the Maemo project (correct me if I'm wrong plz). He has a
> > whopping 5 blog posts since the device has been out. His karma in maemo.org
> > is 100% based on his blog posts. He gets asked lots of questions in the
> > blog comments, but rarely answers. Since the N900 has been out, I see he
> > only answered two comments, one of which was mine. ;)
> >
> > The other comment he replied to starts like this: "Is there any reason why
> > all my contact attempts with you, Mr. Makkinen and other Maemo people at
> > Nokia are being ignored?" ...  "Excuse me for posting it this way, but what
> > else am I supposed to do if all I get in exchange for my emails is delivery
> > confirmations?"   I wonder if he ever got a response.
> >
> > Blogs are often used as two way communication tools, he uses it for the
> > occasional edict or a marketing promotion tool.
>
> So, what you're saying is that you acknowledge that Ari is the highest
> ranking person within Maemo.

I take that as a confirmation.

> Then you are surprised that he doesn't
> have time to answer random comments made on his blog...

I wouldn't say I'm surprised. I can't find anywhere in the *.maemo.org space
where he is interacting with folks. For instance, take an *ideal* project
leader like Linus. If he had a blog, he might not answer random blog comments,
but there's another mechanism for communicating with him, most prominently
LKML. So there is two way communication. My point with the blog is that it's
almost entirely one way with the community. Perhaps he's on some list or
something I've overlooked--if so, please correct me.

-Jeff