2010/5/7 Kaj-Michael Lang <mil...@tal.org>:
> On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 13:00 +0200, Thomas Perl wrote:
>> I'm currently playing with booting images on the N900 using a loopback
>> device and bootmenu. The problem is that booting sometimes hangs, and
>> I want to debug this. I've enabled the framebuffer console on the
>> device, so I can see the early boot messages, but the "five dots" keep
>
> Using your own custom kernel or is there some other way to enable proper
> boot messages?

Custom kernel with the help of the instruction at Jebba's Wiki user page:

http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Jebba/Kernel

(FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=y is the config option you want)

You can get rid of the dots by putting an "exit 0" very early in the script
at /etc/init.d/fb-progress.sh (thanks to Stskeeps for the hint on that).

HTH.
Thomas