:2010-05-02T16:29:Matthew Smith:

> Hi Folks
>
> I am looking for the system settings which determine the default e-mail
> client for Maemo 5.  I want to try running Claws Mail in place of
> Modest and want all the Share by Email buttons and the like to point to
> the new application.
>
> Google has not given me an answer - where is this configured?
>
> Cheers

> PS - it appears that Claws Mail doesn't integrate with Contacts in that
> it can't access it as an address book, but I'm planning to move
> everything over to LDAP, so not an issue.

I've been making some noise on the forums a while ago about a similar
thing. Though in my case I want it to be for alpine.

I'd really like to see a generic switchboard application that allows
changing:

mime/filetype associations - i.e. I want all videos and audio opened
with mplayer

browser selection - just incorporate browser switchboard into it
mail client selection - make it possible to define who handles it easily

There's probably a few things more but those are the things I'd like to
see.

I know that contacts sends a mailto: dbus event so I guess to have it
run that on email one would need to listen on that and then pass the
mailto param off to an arbitrary(as in anything script, direct command
etc..) command for further processing.

I believe but am not sure that browser-switchboard already does this for
links.

Maybe someone here will have enough interest to get this off the ground.

Regards
--
Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik
Source Mage GNU/Linux Games/Xorg grimoire guru

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.